Wanna share on my own experience installing and configure Testlink in Ubuntu 14.04
- Java JDK
- MySQL Server
- Apache Web Server
a. This tutorial was created using the following version of each software needed.
- Ubuntu 10.04 i386 as OS.
- TestLink 1.9.2
- MySQL 5.1
b. The installation of prerequisites is detailed at the end of the document.
c. As a personal recommendation, before start the testlink installer in the browser, set up the files and prerequisites to make the installation experience faster and easier.
1. Download & install some necessary packages
sudo apt-get install php5-mysql php5-pgsql php5-gd php5-ldap php-pear
2. Edit the php.ini file located in /etc/php5/apache2 and set the following parameters:
max_execution_time = 120
session.gc_maxlifetime = 2700
3.Restart the apache server
4. Download testlink:
5. Unpack your testlink package, change the name and copy to your /www apache directory:
tar zxvf download
5.2 Change the name
mv download testlink
5.3 Copy to the /www directory
sudo cp -r teslink-1.9.13 /var/www/html/testlink
6. Once you have it in your /www/html/ directory change the permissions of some folders in your testlink directory:
# chmod 777 gui/templates_c
# chmod 777 logs
# chmod 777 upload_area
7. Create new directory in /var/
In /var/testlinlk/ create another directory
7. Go to your browser and access the testlink installer at: localhost/testlink and follow the instructions in your screen.
8. If everything went well installer will tell you that the configuration file was not written, to do this, go to /var/www/testlink and create a file named config_db.inc.php with the information provided in the installer.
9. Now you can close your browser for a while.
10. The last step is change a configuration file by editing the file in /var/www/testlink/config.inic.php and set the following parameters:
$tlCfg->config_check_warning_mode = 'SILENT'
$tlCfg->api->enabled = TRUE;
$tlCfg->exec_cfg->enable_test_automation = ENABLED;
11. Done!. Now you can go to localhost/testlink and login with the username: admin and password: admin